Working for Women (W4W) is a business network that invests capital (dollars and skills) from businesses into nonprofits supporting women who want to enter and stay in the workforce to become financially independent. Through the W4W model, businesses give back better by providing financial and skill-based contributions to expand the capacity of their nonprofit partners.
W4W envisions a world where all women have the opportunity for economic independence.
W4W is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that was incorporated in February 2018.
Working for Women has two constituents: nonprofit partners and business members. We are looking for a Board Director who can help expand business membership among individuals, businesses, and corporations. Learn more about our business membership levels here. The ideal candidate will have an existing network in at least one vertical that they can leverage.
In collaboration with the W4W Business Development Board Committee, create and execute a membership development plan to grow the member base.
- Identify target members (individuals, businesses, and organizations).
- Gather insights to help tailor the value of Working for Women for target members.
- Open doors and support W4W CEO in the pitch.
- Partner with the Board and CEO to progress discussions and sign a relationship agreement.
- Nurture strategic member relationships.
- An established network that can be leveraged for the organization
- Willing to activate network for Working for Women.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to scale organizations and relationships.
- Strong ability to bridge members needs/situation with Working for Women partnership opportunities.
GENERAL BOARD DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage connections and networks to identify and secure the financial resources and business partnerships necessary for W4W to advance its mission
- Serve as a member of a Board working group
- Assist in identifying and vetting prospective Board members
- Participate in annual strategic and organizational planning activities. Attend annual retreat (when relevant)
- Ensure strong fiduciary oversight and financial management (form 990)
- Select and annually evaluate the performance of the CEO
- Approve the Strategic Plan and budget presented by the CEO
- Passion and interest in women’s economic empowerment, and a collaborative spirit.
- Understand and support the mission and abide by the by-laws
- Term: Three-year term, eligible for re-election for one additional consecutive three-year term.
- Be familiar with programs
- Join W4W as a member with a financial gift of personal significance
- Sign conflict of interest disclosure
- Participate in all Board Meetings (bi-monthly – 6 yearly) and participate on a committee – unless excused. All meetings are conducted via Zoom
- Contribute an additional five hours a month, on average, above Board calls and committee commitments
- Attend annual Board retreat/social event as applicable
Send your statement of interest and related background to: the Board at email@example.com