The nonprofit Working for Women (W4W) is seeking an experienced, mature professional – who revels in an entrepreneurial environment – to assist in running programs for a young, dynamic and growing organization.
The Program Manager will play an integral role in identifying and delivering skill-based volunteer projects between our two main constituents – business members and nonprofit partners. The result of your work will be twofold: 1. increased capacity of our nonprofit partners’ ability to reach more women, leading more women to economic independence; and 2. business member employees engaged in meaningful projects.
This is a remote position for an independent contractor requiring between five to 10 hours a week on average. The Program Manager will work directly with and report to W4W CEO based in the Hudson Valley, NY.
The Program Manager, in collaboration with the CEO, will oversee the design and delivery of programs that drive our impact.
Facilitate skill-based volunteer engagements
- Coordinate and facilitate skill-based volunteer engagements. Ensure the needs of all parties are articulated and met. Match nonprofit needs to business member skills
- Manage relationships; build trust with constituent representatives
- Capture and analyze lessons learned to assess project strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Measure engagement outcomes and impact; participate in designing and fielding pre- and post-engagement surveys, and conducting interviews to capture stories of impact
- Package information into Impact Case Studies that W4W, businesses, and nonprofits disseminate to internal and external audiences
- Codify processes to build our service offering toolbox
- Coordinate with marketing team; make sure they have the data and information they need to communicate via our diverse channels – newsletter, social media, donor reports, case studies, articles, thought leadership
- Be responsible for adapting and growing our engagement model across our three membership levels
- Support in identifying, vetting and recruiting new nonprofit partners focused on women’s economic independence
- Provide support to Board Committees
- Assist in identify grant and thought leadership opportunities
- Manage volunteer management technology platform (when identified)
- Keep current with the news and overall trends in our sector, providing insight to the CEO and Board on any implications for W4W’s work
- Manage interns and volunteers as applicable
- Knowledge of both the private and public sectors; experience in navigating and communicating with members of both
- 10+years’ professional experience in relevant positions
- Willingness to take initiative and to offer constructive opinions and at the same time demonstrate strong judgement and attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills; with demonstrated experience around having productive conversations, and serving in the role of a trusted advisor/consultant
- Demonstrated proficiency in defining, implementing and measuring SMART goals, outcomes, impact indicators (KPIs)
- Knowledge of current challenges and opportunities facing small nonprofits.
- Collaborative approach across teams, departments and board committees
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Experience with CRM
- Passion for driving social and economic justice for women
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are the best candidate for the position. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.