What is W4W?
Working for Women is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with a dual mission to enable businesses to be a force for social good AND elevate women in the workforce. W4W makes it easy for businesses to effect social change for women by building relationships with nonprofits focused on the entry, training, education and support of all women in the workforce. We assist companies interested in supporting women in business and who may be asking: Which nonprofit should I donate to? What are the best charities for women and where should I donate to have the greatest impact? How can I involve my employees in the community and find meaningful corporate volunteer opportunities? Our goal is to get more women to economic independence.
See our Theory of Change
Working for Women sits at the intersection of two needs:
The first is the need for business to be a force for social good beyond the provision of jobs. We provide opportunities for business resources to be used in a meaningful and measurable way. “To prosper over time, every company must not only deliver financial performance, but also show how it makes a positive contribution to society.” Blackrock CEO Larry Fink
The second is the need to elevate all women to economic independence. The quickest path to poverty in this country is being a single parent. We do that through supporting nonprofits that are providing workforce opportunities and training.
Doing this allows for a greater impact on our society because when you invest in a woman you invest in their community and the next generation of the workforce.
What does W4W do?
We make it easy for businesses to effect social change for women by building relationships with nonprofits focused on the entry, training, education and support of all women in the workforce. We have these as being among the best nonprofit organizations that help women and the best charities for women in general. W4W empowers businesses to create this social change for women by:
- Creating a community around supporting women in the workforce through building relationships with non-profits focused on elevating women in the workforce
- Aggregating resources from businesses to enable our nonprofit partners to serve more women
- Providing skill-based volunteer opportunities for business through our nonprofit partners
- Measuring the impact of Working for Women’s investments
- Creating a larger movement through sharing stories of our impact together
What are the benefits for nonprofits?
Leaders of nonprofits gain a long term partner committed to supporting their growth goals. This is done though access to new funding sources and connections to volunteer/s with the knowledge and skills they need.
Who We Support
What are the benefits for businesses?
Businesses can multiply their Impact by pooling their resources with other businesses to create lasting impact while attracting and retaining employees and customers.
What are the expected outcomes from W4W activities?
Working for Women is unique in that it has a dual mission – to enable businesses to be a force for social good and elevate women in the workforce. Therefore, our expected outcomes are in these two areas.
Elevate women in the workforce
- Nonprofits increase their reach and impact. Our nonprofit partners have the resources – money, people, skills, infrastructure, partners – to do more of what they do.
- Underserved women are elevated and empowered. The women that these partners serve are reaching their personal and professional goals.
Enable businesses to be a force for social good
Businesses know how they are making a difference which results in employee retention and loyalty and improved business performance.