What is W4W?
Working for Women is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with a dual mission to enable businesses to be a force for social good AND elevate women in the workforce. W4W makes it easy for businesses to be a force for social good by building relationships with nonprofits focused on the entry, training, education and support of all women in the workforce.
There are two salient trends in society that make W4W particularly relevant now.
The first is the groundswell around the #MeToo movement. There is a renewed spotlight in many spheres of influence and industries on the advancement of women. But is that spotlight reaching all women? We think not. W4W is committed to expanding opportunities for underserved women and girls.
Second is the tendency among millennials and members of new generations to look through an impact lens when making decisions about their future – including for example employment and the products and services that they use. Corporations that do not take this under consideration will not survive. As so eloquently said by Blackrock CEO Larry Fink in his annual letter to CEOs ….
To prosper over time, every company must not only deliver financial performance, but also show how it makes a positive contribution to society.
Working for Women wants to make it easier for businesses to be a force for social good.
What does W4W do?
We make it easy for businesses to be a force for social good by building relationships with nonprofits focused on the entry, training, education and support of all women in the workforce. We do this by:
- Creating a community around supporting women in the workforce through building relationships with non-profits focused on elevating women in the workforce
- Aggregating resources from businesses to enable our nonprofit partners to serve more women
- Providing skill-based volunteer opportunities for business through our nonprofit partners
- Measuring the impact of Working for Women’s investments
- Creating a larger movement through sharing stories of our impact together
What are the benefits for nonprofits?
Leaders of nonprofits gain a long term partner committed to supporting their growth goals. This is done though access to new funding sources and connections to volunteer/s with the knowledge and skills they need.
What are the benefits for businesses?
Businesses can multiply their Impact by pooling their resources with other businesses to create lasting impact while attracting and retaining employees and customers.
What are the expected outcomes from W4W activities?
Working for Women is unique in that it has a dual mission – to enable businesses to be a force for social good and elevate women in the workforce. Therefore, our expected outcomes are in these two areas.
Elevate women in the workforce
- Nonprofits increase their reach and impact. Our nonprofit partners have the resources – money, people, skills, infrastructure, partners – to do more of what they do.
- Underserved women are elevated and empowered. The women that these partners serve are reaching their personal and professional goals.
Enable businesses to be a force for social good
Businesses know how they are making a difference which results in employee retention and loyalty and improved business performance.